twitter
    The Fastest and Latest EPL news update

Maradona: Premier club wants me

DIEGO MARADONA will hold talks next month about bossing an English club - and Blackburn could be favourites to land him.

The Argentina legend had discussions with Rovers after they sacked Sam Allardyce in December.
He said: "In February I am going to England to listen to a firm offer. If they convince me, I may take it up. I am not desperate. I know that some day I will coach another team."
New owners Venky's put first-team coach Steve Kean in charge until the end of the season after firing Allardyce.
But Venky's, who bought Rovers in November, admitted their interest in Maradona, 50.
Chairwoman Anuradha Desai said: "We thought about Maradona as a coach after we took over. Talks were at the initial stage then, but there is no development on that front yet."
Reports in Argentina suggest Maradona is off to Fulham, where he was a guest of owner Mohamed Fayed last November.
But a source at Craven Cottage insisted: "It's not us."
Blackburn believe Maradona would strengthen their bid to sign big-name South American players after failing to land Brazil's Ronaldinho last week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment